Monday 2 July 2012

What's Your Story? - Bobbyloathesyou

I'm still getting more What's Your Story submissions, which is fantastic! They're actually coming in a lot faster than I'm posting them though, so please be aware the most recent ones won't appear for a few months. This week it's Bobbyloathesyou's turn to get his name up in lights! Unfortunately he didn't tell us the origin of that name, so we'll have to see if we can get it out of him. As usual, the images and comments are all my own addition and not his.


Bobbyloathesyou: In the tattooed flesh! Well...I assume it's actually him and not an old image of Dimebag Darrell

My home country is… The United States

My age is… 31

The first adventure game I played was… The Legend of Kyrandia: Book One.


These graphics probably look crappy these days, but compared to what I'm playing they're frickin amazing!

My favourite adventure game is… The Legend of Kyrandia: Book One.

When I’m not playing games I like to… Play guitar and Bass, Host a karaoke night at a neighborhood bar, Pen/Paper Rpg's.

The one TV show I never miss is… Parks and Recreation.


Never heard of it, but it sure sounds funny.

I like my games in (a box, digital format)… On my Desktop PC.

The thing I miss about old games is… Real new innovations, RPGs that don't focus so much on action.

My favourite movie is… Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room.


A documentary! This makes my own fantasy based selections seem shallow and classless. You really do loathe me don't you!

The best thing about modern games is… More realistic graphics and features can lead to better immersion.

If I could see any band live it would be… Rush, but only in a small venue.

One interesting thing about me is… I have a 9+ year old Red-Tailed Boa, about 8-feet long.


I'm afraid to make any smartass comments about this.

Interested in sending your answers and getting 20 CAPs for you trouble? Email theadventuregamer@gmail.com.

18 comments:

  1. Another bassist who's a Rush fan. Nice! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next Manhunter post will be up tomorrow morning (Australian time).

    Also of note: I've received an email from an important person in the adventure game community. More will be revealed soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you tease you!
      (Undercover Exposure KS is cancelled)

      Delete
    2. What could it be? Al Lowe wanting to immortalize Trickster by making him a character in the new Larry?

      Delete
    3. Or, speaking of Kyrandia, it could be that a new game is coming and Trickster landed a role as Malcolm. I mean, look at his pic :-)

      Delete
    4. If only! I think I'd have to pay about $5000 on Kickstarter to get such treatment.

      Delete
  3. Legend of Kyrandia seems too cheerful and vivid for the snake ownin', tattoo wearin', hard rockin' bass guitarist that is Bob, but that just goes to show you don't know people. :)

    Love the Kyrandia series myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought Kyrandia should be cheerful and easy, but then I actually played it.

      It is a harsh game (worse than Sierra for deaths in some cases!), and quite creepy in places.

      Delete
    2. Hmm...I never found the Kyrandia games creepy. The hand could get close though. :p

      Delete
    3. I vividly remember the day I saw this game. I was in the computetr section of the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, and someone was playing it. I had very little adventure game experience at this point, and I immediately fell in love with the characters, setting, and ESPECIALLY THE MUSIC! The game seems cheerful and silly, but to me, it's really a tragedy of sorts. If you haven't tried it, I HIGHLY recommend it! Cheers!

      Delete
  4. Rush: Just another thing that Canada gives to the rest of the world:

    Also, two adventure games on sale today:
    http://www.gog.com/en/page/2012_summer_promo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and two more tomorrow as well. Man, you guys are spoiled.

      Delete
    2. Damn you Canageek ... making me spend my hard earned money.

      Delete
  5. I wonder how far down the list I am? I guess I got knocked down when I updated my answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make sure your original email date is used. That means you're very, very close now.

      Delete
  6. Yep. That's me, in the flesh, well, sort of. I don't have long hair. I made this as part of a promo flier I make for my Karaoke night each week, and I love costuming, so I have lots of stuff lying around, so I made myself up in 4 getups like an old buttrock band. But yeah, I 'm pretty solidly tattooed, which is common in this city... Too common... Nice to "Meet" y'all!

    ReplyDelete