Friday 22 May 2015

RetroSmack is Upon You!


I’m sure you came here today expecting to read about Space Quest IV. Well I’m afraid that’s not going to happen now. I’m reclaiming this blog for my own selfish purposes, and there really isn’t anything you, or the Two Guys from Andromeda, can do about it. As much as I’d love to spend the next few paragraphs taunting you for your inability to stop me, I sadly must focus on relaying an important message before that pesky Roger Wilco returns. That bumbling idiot has a habit of unwittingly ruining my plans for blog domination. He won’t succeed this time.

Hear my words Adventure Gamers: RETROSMACK IS UPON YOU!

This unsuspecting planet is about to feel the full force of RetroSmack, and I invite all of you to visit my domain to witness your approaching doom before the rest of humanity. It pleases me much to know that your suffering will be extended, knowingly awaiting the oncoming storm while others live in ignorance around you. As a token of my gratitude for our former allegiance, I have decided to offer you a single chance for glory. You have three days to visit www.retrosmackblog.com and join my cause. Do this, and I shall reward you with riches beyond your wildest imagination. I will allow you to trade your worthless CAPs for glorious Smacks, and you will be trained in the ways of RetroSmack so as to prepare for the upcoming Retrocalypse. Three days I give you. The clock is ticking.

The Trickster

12 comments:

  1. Your blog looks great, but without any means to add it to a RSS feed i will forget it by the end of the day.:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just added an RSS feed on the sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone is keen to exchange their spendable CAPs (it won't affect your leader board position here) for Smacks, there will be set trading periods where transactions can occur. The current trading period will run until the end of the month, meaning you can get a good idea what RetroSmack is all about before trading.

    I was going to set an exchange rate (perhaps 2 CAPs = 1 smack), but have decided to give the currencies equivalent value, at least for now. So what are you waiting for? You now have two ways to spend your well earned CAPs (at least you will come next Tuesday when the first RetroCard is released).

    Please request your trades on this post. I will announce any future trading periods here at The Adventure Gamer too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I could become a wealthy Smackanier, I think I'll keep my CAPs for now and try to earn myself up the Smackader the hard way.

      An interesting question is do you want to allow trading Smacks back to CAPs? I imagine some people might want to do opposite trades at the time when new games for TAGs are decided.

      Delete
    2. Please transfer my CAPs to Smacks. I like the idea of the cards, and I'm too much the completist to risk missing any.

      Delete
    3. I've transferred your CAPs into Smacks Draconius. You are well equipped to build a collection of RetroCards.

      Delete
    4. Count me in and trade my CAPs over there. I just made an account with the same name (Cush1978).

      Delete
    5. Might as well transfer my current CAPs over. I don't have enough yet for them to do me much good here, and I'll be getting more after I join the active writers next month anyway.

      Delete
  4. I think I'll keep my CAPs, Trickster. You'll not steal them for your nefarious purposes so easily! ;)

    I'm sure I'll be able to accumulate Smacks at a reasonable rate anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geez. A hijacker. That's what we need. I'll call my tidy pile of make-believe nation backed virtual currency "Smackdowns", thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And this is part of the reason I've been so slow to catch up. I strongly recommend trying it out if you have not yet.

    ReplyDelete